Entain: Advanced Responsibility & Care (ARC)
We have long held the view that the most sustainable business in our industry will be the most successful. Which is why throughout 2021, we have continued to push forward our ARC programme that was launched last year. ARC has continued to deliver cutting-edge, industry leading technology that aims to limit customer exposure to risk at an individual level and enhance their enjoyment across all our products and brands.
By owning our own technology, this enables us to continuously upgrade and personalise our protections for customers and allows us to move player protection from being reactive to proactive and avert potential problems before they occur. Furthermore, to show the level of importance that we hold ARC to, we have included a metric in our annual group bonus scheme, that will link remuneration to the success and effectiveness of the programme.
ARC uses data science, behavioural indicators, and analytics to assess risk in betting and gaming. The results displayed to us through ARC so far have been encouraging. Our combination of automated systems and real time interceptors are seeing real change – with 91% of our highest risk customers setting – and keeping – a limit in place within 7 days of interaction with ARC. There has also been a 28% decrease in deposit amounts in the first 8 weeks after receiving safer gambling intervention.
In the coming months we aim to introduce more elements to the ARC system. We are adding functionality to present tailor-made stake limits on slots, based on the customers risk score, as well as creating a chasing losses algorithm for this feature, and we have begun development on a set of product-specific initiatives that will provide customers with support at a more granular level. Our efforts to remain the safest and most trusted operator for our customers has been a key element driving our success. Due to this, we have plans to extend ARC internationally in 2022, to several markets across Europe, and Canada.
More about Entain:
An exclusive focus on regulated markets
- Over 99% of Group revenues coming from regulated markets in 2021. We aim to solely operate in regulated or regulating markets by the end of 2023.
- Increased the number of domestically regulated jurisdictions to 31.
- Exited ten markets where we did not see a pathway to sustainable regulation.
Continuing to take the lead on safer betting and gaming
- Awarded the Advanced Safer Gambling Standard by GamCare, the leading UK safer betting and gaming charity.
- Successful roll-out of our pioneering ARCTM player protection programme across all UK online products.
- First operator to commit to donating 1% of GGY to RET initiatives.
Pursuing the highest standards of corporate governance
- Implementation safer betting and gaming metric into the 2021 Group Bonus scheme, with customer satisfaction metric added for 2022 scheme.
- 40% of Board members are female.
- Comprehensive independent third-party review governance policies and procedures completed review.
Investing in people and our communities
- Launch of EnTrain, a multi-million-pound diversity and inclusion project with the aim of reaching 1 million people by 2030.
- Delivery of Pitching In, grassroots sports investment fund.
- #1 position in the All-in Diversity Index, the industry’s DE&I measure.
- 7% reduction in absolute GHG emissions from 2020, with 100% renewable energy in the UK and ROI retail estate.
- Developed near-term science-based greenhouse gas reduction target, for verification by the Science-Based Targets initiative.
- Commitment to net-zero target carbon emissions target by 2035, which will be verified by the SBTi.
- Delivery of wellbeing programmes to support colleagues, particularly those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Entain has continued to receive widespread recognition for these efforts, having achieved AA status with leading ESG ratings agency MSCI, and through its continued membership of both FTSE4Good and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Entain was also runner-up in Management Today’s ‘Britain’s Most Admired Company’ list. Entain is EGR’s current Operator of the Year, EGR North America’s Safer Gambling Provider of the and Safer and SBC Awards North America’s Socially Responsible Operator of the Year.
- Read more about Entain’s sustainability efforts
* This article features in EGBA’s recently published annual Sustainability Report 2021/22.