EGBA is a non-profit association and we do not use any of your personal data for commercial marketing and/or commercial purposes.
All personal data that you provide us is processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“EGBA/we”||means the European Gaming and Betting Association located in Rue Gray 50, 1040, Brussels, Belgium;|
|“Personal data”||means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual;|
|“You”||means you, the person engaging with us, for example by registering to our events, subscribing to our newsletter, visiting our website or interacting with us in any other way;|
|“Cookie”||cookies are small text files placed on your web browser by websites that you visit while browsing the Internet;|
|“Communications”||means any internal or external communications made by EGBA;|
3. HOW TO CONTACT US
Address: Rue Gray 50, 1040, Brussels, Belgium.
4. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and use the following personal data about you:
- Your name and contact information, including email address and telephone number, job title and company details;
- We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via the website, emails or telephone calls;
- We may collect information about you visiting our website. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, operating system. This information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies.
5. HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Under data protection law, we can only process your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
A legitimate interest is when we have an operational need to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
EGBA does not use your information for commercial purposes.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with services or information that you have requested from EGBA such as receiving an email, newsletter or press release;
- to contact you with information about an event organized by EGBA;
- to inform you and keep in contact with you about other events or services that we believe may interest you;
- to perform statistical analyses of users of the website to improve the user’s experience.
For these purposes, we will keep your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the information and services described above or for as long as the law otherwise permits.
You have the right to opt out of receiving our communications at any time by:
- contacting us at email@example.com;
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails received via MailChimp.
6. WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
For the provision of our internal and external services, we make data accessible to third party service providers (e.g. distribution mailing services, website hosts). In the case in which the third party is located outside of EU, the data transfer will take place in compliance with article 46 of the GDPR.
Data security is of great importance to EGBA and to protect data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected, in accordance with the applicable laws.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (right of access);
- The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information;
- The right to require us to delete your personal information in certain situations;
- The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data;
- The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party in certain situations;
- The right to object (i) at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling) and (ii) in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- The right to propose a complaint to the Belgium supervisory authority, the Commission for the Protection of Privacy, where the conditions exist.
The requests of exercise of the rights referred above are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.